Trouble in Skyrim is a randomized, repeatable quest that you get given by Farkas of The Companions. It is one of three possible repeatable quests Farkas will offer players who reach a certain point in their involvement with the Companions faction. The quest seems to be completely randomized each time, but some examples of the things you might be asked to do are listed here:
- Eliminate the Farlen in a cave northwest of Whiterun
- Another involves slaying vampires
- Kill the leader of the Winter War, located North East of Windhelm. When you approach the ship there should be 3-4 bandits inside along with the leader. There is also a chest in the southern part of the ship
- Finding a lost iron axe in the Lost Echo Cave, west of Solitude.
- Killing the mage threat at Rannveig’s Fast
- Kill The Bandit Leader in Valtheim Towers
- Kill The Forsworn Witch in a cave south of Rorikstead
Return to Farkas once whichever mission you receive has been completed for a reward of 300 gold.